Wednesday, February 20, 2008

tromp le monde

Tromp L'oeile has been popping up everywhere. Here at Boo's art opening we set ourselves up in front of a nice little Colorado landscape. Boo looks best
Corey

Here are my folks in the Des Moine airport. We flew to Iowa in January 25 for my Aunt Glady's funeral in Newton.
Mike
In the church where the service was held there was an amazing stuccoed wall.
My parents and my cousin Kim
More mural-tastic action in Newton. Several years ago the town commissioned an artist to paint murals around town celebrating Newton's past.



Glady's old house, where we used to visit when we were kids.
We went to Maid-Rite for a ....Maid-Rite. Otherwise known in the Mid-West as a "loose meat sandwich". You almost need a spoon to eat this thing...basically steamed ground beef that is piled onto a bun. Better than it might sound to Western ears.
Obama stopped in there several weeks ago during the Iowa caucuses.
Why didn't I buy this gem that I saw at the antique store? Ingrid Bergman!

No comments: